Another Motherly Companion


Those of you who have been a follower of this blog for some time know that I have had a sort of running joke with St Ann. She was my patron for the last three years. So this year when I put my hand in the basket to choose a saint for this year, I had to wonder if this powerful saint and mother had had enough of me, or did she feel that she had more to teach me.
Well, it seems that she saw fit to pass me on to another powerful saint and mother. St Monica is my patron for this year. I find it interesting that for the last several years my patron saints have been strong mothers. St Ann has done much to help me with my own spiritual motherhood and I think St Monica will continue that task.
If you have read my reversion story, you know that as a post~abortive mother part of my healing has been in accepting my spiritual motherhood with my daughter in heaven. This is not always easy for me to do given what I have done, but having St Ann as a patron and spiritual companion certainly has helped. St Monica is an example of what the power of prayer can do. She prayed for over 30 years for the conversion of her son, Augustine. I know she will intercede for me and teach me more about how to embrace my spiritual motherhood.
Oh, and St Ann, don't think for one minute you are off the hook; I still plan to call on you too :)

If any one would still like a saint for this coming year, there are plenty left.

Comments are always welcome at The Front Porch.