You Will See Evil All Around...


The words in the title of this post were spoken to me by the friend who was largely responsible for bringing me back to the Church. His exact quote was: "One day you will be driving down the street or walking around town, and you will see evil all around you." I didn't quite know what he meant at the time, or quite how to take this prophetic statement at that moment~ I do now.
Since practicing my faith in earnest these last ten years, I have begun to see and feel this evil of which my friend spoke. As many writers have said, as I myself have said on this blog several times, WE ARE AT WAR! We are involved in a spiritual combat that grows more intense by the day, and not enough of us are fit for this battle.
It is not pleasant to be aware of this, but as Catholic Christians, we need to be awake and ready. I have been aware for some time that there are sinister forces at work in our world, and right here in our very own country. As I have said many times before, I am no mystic, nor do I hear God saying these things to me; it is more of a deep inner feeling.
This morning all that I have inwardly known, and my friends words to me have been confirmed quite clearly. If you read nothing else this week, I urge you to read Mark Mallet's post for today: Mystery Babylon. He has written about what God has revealed to him in prayer while reading the 17th and 18th chapters of Revelation. 
After reading this post, it is clear that the battle is intensifying. While our country and others will be held accountable for our crimes/sins against God, there are remnants, or as Mr. Mallet put it, pockets where people of prayer are standing in the breach, so to speak.
As we begin the Fortnight for Freedom today, it is interesting to read what Mr. Mallet tells us about the foundations of this country. Yes, the United States was founded on Christian principles, but that is only partly true. Freemasonry was at the core of things as well, and this evil is still very much a part of the fabric of this country (along with other occult practices).
Along with Mark Mallet's post, and his blog in general, I recommend visiting Mary at The Beautiful Gate. She has a list of posts under the title of "Words"For Our Time on her sidebar. She speaks about what she has prayerfully received relating to these topics and the state of our world in these posts.
As St Paul tells us: "Our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and power..." (see Eph. 6:12) The only way to fight this type of battle is with prayer, fasting and penance. We who are awake, need to waken more. There is truly strength in numbers; let's recruit, by our words and example, more soldiers for Christ. Our Lady is in this battle with us,(see Rev. 12:17) for she will crush the head of the serpent.

Here are several of my earlier posts that deal with these topics in some way. There are links in them to other writers as well who speak more eloquently than I do on these topics.

We Are at War
Because He Has Led You
Prayer For Boldness