News From The Blogosphere


When Blogger had the nice little feature of being able to put clips of other Bloggers' posts on your sidebar, I found that an easy and nice way of sharing what was new and noteworthy around the Blogosphere. Then they did away with it. I tried to do one on my own, but found that keeping up with it on a post by post basis was a bit tedious. So here is what I will try next...
Each week or so I will run a post with links to some of the blog posts I have read over the course of the week that I think are worth sharing-some of them need sharing! Some are from priests' blogs, some from bigger, more well known blogs, some from small and not widely known.
Here are my favorites from the past week:

Bitter Herbs Before the Exodus from These Stone Walls- Fr. Gordon MacRae, whom I have written about before on this blog, has told the story of one of his prison mates who has made known his desire to become Catholic. It is a story that fits right in with this Lenten season and is filled with hope and redemption.

Msgr. Charles Pope over at the Archdiocese of Washington blog has a wonderful reflection on yesterday's Gospel about the Transfiguration of Jesus in Beams of Heaven As I Go. This one is definitely worth the time. I recommend reading it prayerfully when you have a few extra minutes to spare.

Ryan A MacDonald at A Ram in the Thicket has some more insight to the news regarding Fr. Gordon MacRae's possible retrial as well as the not so nice goings on with SNAP and VOTF in his post Why Do SNAP and VOTF Fear the Case of Fr. Gordon MacRae?

And finally, but certainly not least, Victor at A Time For Reflection is serving up lobster with his newly created Lobster award. I would like to thank Victor and Michael at Reach Paradise for this tasty award. Be sure to check their blogs out for more about the award and other wonderful posts

Well that's it for this week. Enjoy!

Comments

Mary N. said…
Hi Karin,
I could never figure out how you and Colleen shared other bloggers' posts in the first place :) I tried, believe me! I'm glad you are still finding a way to do this because it's a great way of letting others know about some of the excellent posts around the blogosphere.
Unknown said…
Yes that was a nice little gadget Blogger had and then it went away with their changes. Oh well~I just needed to be a little creative; hopefully I will be able to keep up with this new way of doing things.
Thanks for stopping by, Mary.
Holly said…
I've received a few requests to open up “Pay It Forward” to posts from a bloggers own blog. I thought I'd give it a try. Although the original idea was to share what you've seen elsewhere on the internet, I recognize that each time we post something on our own blogs we are also sharing Good News, great tips, wonderful prayers, fabulous photos, scrumptious recipes, hilarious humor, unbelievable books, stories of goodwill, or good things that have knocked our socks off. I hope you’ll post something from your blog.

I'll leave the March linky open until March 14th. (Entered links will appear in two posts.) I can't wait to see what gets posted!
Hi Karinann,

I have a lot to say. So please sit down and enjoy a nice cup of tea or coffee and biscuits. I'm having a hot chocolate drink and ginger marmalade on hot muffins.

First of all, thank you for mentioning me and my Blog on your post. It's much appreciated. It's nice when Christian Bloggers support each other so.

Secondly, (I'm inventing my own words here), I'm sorry if I've not been travelling often lately; what with the price of gas these days it costs more than the car itself. But I have been travelling to your Blog ... honestly. I have not been commenting because I'd lost my keyboard ... couldn't find it anywhere ... what? It was in the fridge all the time.

Thirdly, that's the important one. I am confused. Totally confused. Easily done when you have no keyboard. I see on the right hand side of this post a list called Notable Bloggers. It shows "Time for Reflections" and my post of today 'The Body of Christ'. I find this list very useful because it helps me to hop from Blog to Blog easily and I can see the headline of the posts on offer. Will you be getting rid of this list? Pity, I think. Very helpful list, I would say!

I really can't work out all this computer stuff. Utter nonsense most of it. But your list of Notable Bloggers and the photos on the right which link to Blogs are most useful.

Sorry to have taken so long with this comment. I hope you're keeping well and you haven't lost the keyboard.

God bless.
Unknown said…
Holly, thanks and I will try to pop over to get in on this month's linky.

Victor, I am so sorry about your keyboard, but it seems St Anthony has come round and found it for you :) The list on my blog is staying. That list is automatically updated by Blogger when anyone I put on the list posts. There is also one on the left side bar for priest blogs. And no, I haven't lost my keyboard, just the time to play on it. So I too have been travelling and have been reading a great many blogs,yours included as always of course, but unfortunately my work schedule has given me limited time to comment and even post.
Thanks for the great comment and God bless!
Thanx Karinann for keeping the lists on the left and right.

I was so pleased to learn this that I accidently put a spoon of ginger marmalade in my hot chocolate drink and a spoonfull of drink on my muffin. Both tasted good actually!

God bless you.