Religious Books


Caroline from Bell of the Wanderer has tagged me for this simple little meme. She also gives a wonderful definition of the word meme in her post.
For this particular meme, I am to name three of my favorite religious books and then tag three others to do the same.
Anyone who knows me, knows I love books, so getting my list down to three is a tough thing for me to do. But here goes...
Besides the Bible, three of my favorites are:

1. Introduction to the Devout Life by St Francis deSales~ this book is a wonderful guide for anyone in any state of life trying to live the spiritual life. It is a must read for anyone serious about practicing their faith.

2. Divine Mercy in My Soul: St Faustina Kowalska's Diary~ This is one that is highlighted, dog~earred and read and re-read. It truly is inexhaustible; I get something new every time I return to a portion of it.

3. The Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur~ The diary of this lay french woman is very powerful. She was married to a man who did not share her faith, but finding her diary after her death, he converted and later became a Catholic priest. The cause for her canonization is underway.

So there you have it~three from my long list of favorites.

I pass this on to:
Colleen at Thoughts on Grace
Colleen at Inadequate Disciple
Patricia at I Want to See God

Comments

Caroline said…
Oh...see! I knew you'd have a great list. I have not read the third one..
St Faustina's Diary is as you say inexhaustible..

So glad to have met you, Karinann.

Blessings and +
CWrites said…
Thank you, Karinann! I have read much of your first 2 but never finished either. The third one is in my most need to read pile. This is an enjoyable meme, thank you for passing to me.
Unknown said…
Colleen and Colleen~can't wait to read your lists.

Caroline~thanks again for visiting. I enjoyed meeting you in my visit to your blog yesterday.

God bless, ladies!
Patricia said…
Karin, forgive my tardiness in thanking you for tagging me for this meme. I was so busy getting my list together and trying to get it posted, that I neglected to thank you for thinking of me.

Oh, how I love St. Faustina's Diary! I've been reading it for years, and it always seems new. I just want to lose myself in the Mercy of Jesus. How great is His Love for us!

Introduction to the Devout Life...what an awesome classic. I think it's so charming how St. Francis incorporates so many references to nature in his teachings. Just delightful. Like Colleen, I have Elizabeth Leseur's book in my "waiting" stack : )

So many great books...so little time!

Love to you, Karin!
Patricia
Unknown said…
Patricia,
I agree with you about St Faustina's Diary~I go back to it often. I think you will enjoy Elisabeth Leseur when you get to it.
God bless.