Individually Wrapped


No, this is not a post on how to wrap your Christmas gifts, but rather a short reflection on today's Gospel and how God goes in search of each of His lost sheep. While He certainly goes in search of those who are lost, and many among us, including myself have been among those, He also keeps careful watch on those who have returned and want to stay among His flock.
As I listened to the Gospel this morning, I could not help but think about how God cares for and loves each of us individually. Jesus came, yes, for all of mankind, but also for me~ for each and every one of us individually. While I find this thought comforting, it is also humbling because my sins alone could have been enough to warrant His coming.
So as you do your Christmas wrapping this season, remember that you too have been wrapped~ wrapped in God's love, mercy and compassion.

Comments

Mary N. said…
This is a wonderful reflection, Karin. In a world that often thinks of people as numbers it's so beautiful to think about the Lord's personal love for each and every one of us. No one ever gets "lost" in the crowd :)