St Margaret Mary Alacoque: Apostle Of The Sacred Heart


"Oh, how fortunate you shall be to be able to receive every day this divine Sacrament, to hold this God of Love in your hands and place Him in your own heart!
I desire but this one grace, and long to be consumed like a burning candle in His holy Presence every moment of the life that remains to me. For that I would be willing, I think, to suffer all the pains imaginable till judgment day, if only I should not have to leave His sacred presence. My only motive would be to be consumed in honoring Him and to acknowledge the burning love He shows us in this wonderful Sacrament. Here His love holds Him captive till the end of time. It is of this one can truly say, "Love triumphs, love enjoys/ Love finds in God its joys!"
~ St. Margaret Mary


Our Lord revealed His Sacred Heart to St Margaret Mary Alacoque. He asked her to spread devotion to His Most Sacred Heart and gave her the promises He would keep to those who practiced this devotion.
We celebrate this saint's feast day today and ask her intercession and prayers that we too may draw close to Our Lord's most Sacred Heart.


"And He showed me that it was His great desire of being loved by men and of withdrawing them from the path of ruin into which Satan hurls such crowds of them, that made Him form the design of manifesting His Heart to men, with all the treasures of love, of mercy, of grace, of sanctification and salvation which it contains, in order that those who desire to render Him and procure for Him all the honor and love possible, might themselves be abundantly enriched with those divine treasures of which this Heart is the source.
He should be honored under the figure of this Heart of flesh, and its image should be exposed...He promised me that wherever this image should be exposed with a view to showing it special honor, He would pour forth His blessings and graces. This devotion was the last effort of His love that He would grant to men in these latter ages, in order to withdraw them from the empire of Satan which He desired to destroy, and thus to introduce them into the sweet liberty of the rule of His love, which He wished to restore in the hearts of all those who should embrace this devotion."..... "The devotion is so pleasing to Him that He can refuse nothing to those who practice it."
~from Revelations of Our Lord to St Margaret Mary Alacoque

Comments

Anne said…
I was blessed to have St. Margaret Mary's relic in my home for a short time. It belongs to a friend of mine and she was passing it along for my Goddaughter who was in need of prayer.

But, more than having the relic, what I really want is St. Margaret Mary's spirit, the spirit to which Jesus chose to reveal His most Sacred Heart, the spirit that loved Him with all of her own heart, the spirit that longed to share Him with the world.
Unknown said…
These are beautiful desires, Anne; thank you for sharing them and may God grant them.
God bless!
Unknown said…
Colleen,
Glad you are learning a lot about the Sacred Heart Devotion. St Margaret Mary was one of the first saint biographies I read.
I chose the quote from the Little Flower that is under my header as a reminder to myself as well as my readers- sometimes the greatest act of humility is in bearing with ourselves.
Thanks for your thoughts here; I am really enjoying your new site.
Hugs & Blessings!
Mary N. said…
Thanks for the reminder that it is St. Margaret Mary's Feast Day today! I spaced it :) I seem to be doing that a lot lately.
I like the quote from the Little Flower that you have up, too. I have come to realize over the years that one of my biggest crosses is myself.
Unknown said…
Me too Mary- sometimes the hardest person for me to deal with is myself!