Book Review:Weaving Faith And Experience

Weaving Faith and Experience: AWoman's Perspective by Patricia Cooney Hathaway is a book meant to guide women spiritually throughout the various stages and times of their lives.  Ms. Hathaway divides the book into four main chapters: 1. The Spring and Summer of Life 2. The Autumn of Life: Paradoxical Faith 3. The Autumn of Life: Intentional Faith  4. The Winter of Life: Trustful Faith.
Each chapter gives a thorough explanation of these stages of life supported by Scripture and writings from various saints. At the end of each chapter are discussion questions, a reflection and prayer. The discussion questions make it conducive to group study.
I have to admit, I had a tough time with this book primarily because I simply did not find much of what the author had to say resonating within my own life. This does not make it a bad book. It may be that I am just not ready for it at this time in my life. I did find the reflections and prayers spiritually edifying.
If you are looking for a way to understand you faith and spirituality more deeply as a group study or as an individual self study, this book will serve the purpose.
The book can be purchased through The Catholic Company.
Also be sure to check out their great selection of baptism gifts.

Note: The author of this review received only a copy of the book in exchange for the review.

Comments