The Sky Is His Canvas



As I watched the sunset over the bay one evening, the picture being painted reminded me of broad, light~filled brush strokes.
I had this image in my mind of our Heavenly Father taking His hand and just sweeping it across the sky with the result being these seemingly random, but brilliant brush strokes.
The sky is truly God's canvas and He paints a new and brilliantly different work of art each evening. 
There are great masterpieces by great artists hanging in museums world wide, but not even any one of those can compare to the perfect work of the Master and Creator of all.



Bless the Lord, O my soul: O Lord my God, thou art exceedingly great. Thou hast put on praise and beauty:  And art clothed with light as with a garment. Who stretchest out the heaven like a pavilion...May the glory of the Lord endure for ever... the Lord shall rejoice in his works...  I will sing to the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being... but I will take delight in the Lord. O my soul, bless thou the Lord
~from Psalm 104

Comments

Amen.

Thanx Karinann for the meditation and prayer ... and the pictures too.

Welcome back.

God bless.
Michael said…
I often have those same thoughts when I see a breathtaking sunset or sky. The sad truth is, I miss half of what the Lord paints in front of me. I'm too busy caught up in my own little world.

Thanks for reminding me to stop and smell the roses! And for sharing those great pictures!

God Bless!