Divine Mercy Novena


Today begins the Divine Mercy Novena. The Feast of Divine Mercy is celebrated on the Sunday after Easter. Our Lord told St Faustina that he wished this feast be preceded by a novena in which she (and all who would pray it) would bring to His Sacred Heart a specific group of souls on each of the nine days.
I find it rather edifying this year that the novena begins on the 5th anniversary of the death of John Paul II. This great pope proclaimed this feast for the Sunday after Easter each year. His death in 2005 was on the eve of this beautiful feast. As we pray this novena let us ask him for his intercession as well for the souls we immerse in the fount of Jesus' mercy.
Now more than ever perhaps, we need to pray this novena. We need to pray it for the souls Our Lord has asked for and for our country. We need to beg our heavenly Father, on the merits and strength of Our Lord's Passion, for His divine mercy.
The link above will give you the chaplet, prayers, and the souls to bring to Our Lord on each of the nine days.
Our Lord told St Faustina that He would deny nothing to the souls brought to the fount of His mercy.
 (Diary 1209)
Please join me on praying this powerful novena over the next nine days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Karinann,

I happened upon your blog while leaving a comment at Fr. Gordon's blog. I'm praying the Divine Mercy Novena with my wife and daughter (we hope that graces will flow from it upon my two teenage sons). My wife is also a teacher by trade.

Your blog is lovely and I will bookmark it on mine:

http://wheat4paradise.wordpress.com/

In Jesu XPI Passio,
David
Unknown said…
Thanks Colleen. Happy and Blessed Easter to you as well!

David,
Thanks for the visit. Glad you liked what you saw here. I will keep your sons in my prayers.
Have a Happy and Blessed Easter!
Mary N. said…
Happy Easter, Karin! I'm doing the Divine Mercy Novena, too. I try to do it each year, I love the thought of plunging souls into the sea of Christ's mercy!
Unknown said…
Happy Easter to you too Mary. I saw your post last night right after I posted mine- just haven't had much time to comment. I also love the thought of so many people praying this novena throughout these 9 days-there is strength in numbers!
God Bless!