What Should We Do?


It seems like such a simple question. The people following John the Baptist sought from him an answer to this question. John had an answer for them, although I am not sure it was one they were expecting because it was very simple and perhaps should have seemed obvious. His message on that particular day was to share what you have with those around you who are in need. Then he pointed them toward the One who would have all the answers.
We too can take this question to Jesus, and ask Him collectively as His Church, "What should we do?" And He certainly has answers for us. However, today I find myself making that question a bit more personal: "What should I do?" It is a question I seem to be asking God all the time. The specific for a given situation are not always clear, but in general He seems to be telling me, "Here are the circumstances of your life; live them each day along side of Me and they will be lived, no matter what they may be, according to my will. Bring Me to those I place in your life for some of them may not see Me in any other way. Find Me and bring Me into the ordinary of your everyday life."
So go ahead~ask Him.

Have a Blessed Sunday!



Comments

Michael said…
What a great post! And so true! I am constantly reminding myself that things happen according to God's will, not my own. Our Holy Mother is the perfect example of this!

By the way, I think you are doing a great job bringing Our Lord to people through your blogs. In the short time I've been reading them they have helped me in my reflections. Thank you for that!
Unknown said…
Michael,
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words about my blogs. Glad God is working through them and helping you in your own reflections.
Continued Advent Blessings!