A To Do List For The Soul


I found this on my MyCatholic.com homepage this morning. I thought it was worth sharing.
With so much to do during this potentially busy season, it is easy to neglect the things that really need to get done.
Here is a Scripturally sound list of things to do in preparation for our Savior's coming both at Christmas and at the end of time.

  • Repent and believe in Him [Jesus]" (Mt 21:32).
  • Do what our Father wants (Mt 21:31).
  • "Go out and work in the vineyard" (Mt 21:28).
  • Hear God's voice and accept correction (Zep 3:2).
  • Trust in God and draw near to Him (Zep 3:2).
  • Let the Lord change and purify our lips (Zep 3:9).
  • "Call upon the name of the Lord, to serve Him with one accord" (Zep 3:9).

Comments

Mary N. said…
Thanks, Karinann, this is a great reminder. It really is easy to get caught up in so many things at this time of the year and most of them are unnecessary.
Anne said…
This list actually sounds harder than shopping and decorating! Spiritual work is much harder than physical work, isn't it?
Unknown said…
Thanks for your comments on this ladies. I loved the Scripture references,they will make for great meditation for the rest of Advent~now I just need to make the time :)
Mary N. said…
Karinann,
Are all your saints used up? If you have any left, may I have one? I'm not picky; can't afford to be after the life I led:) It's probably too late but I just thought I would check with you because I thought it was a great idea.
Judy Dudich said…
GREAT ADVICE! THANKS!
Unknown said…
Judy & Mary,
Thanks for stopping by.
Mary I do have saints left. I will be home later tonight and choose for you then. I'll send your saint to you in an e-mail.
Judy, Glad you liked this little list. I found it helpful as well.
Mary N. said…
Thank you! I'm looking forward to it:)
Mary N. said…
Karin,
Really?!!I love St. Francis of Assisi! His feast day is in October, the month of my birth and he was canonized July 16th which is Michaela's birthday. Canticle of the Sun appeals to my poetic side. As a matter of fact, everything about this saint appeals to me. I already started asking for his intercession and I am going to start a novena to Him. I know that I can learn a lot from this gentle, loving saint. Thank you so much! There is so much in St Francis that draws my heart, I was really happy to see your e-mail:)
Unknown said…
Mary,
God and His saints come through every time! Everyone I have chosen a saint for, that saint has had some special meaning for them.
I am glad St Francis means so much to you. May God bless you through him.