A Story Of A Priest's Love And Devotion

I have written here before about Father Gordon MacRae, the priest unjustly accused and imprisoned for sexual abuse crimes he did not commit. Father posts each Wednesday on his blog (which ironically he has never seen) These Stone Walls.
His post for today is titled The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass Part1. In his post, Father MacRae describes how he has been deprived of the Real Presence of Christ, how he said the Mass to himself in his cell, and only now in recent weeks has been permitted to celebrate Mass publicly in his cell. I read this post and was moved to tears; Father's love for Christ and his thirst for His presence are heart and soul felt. This priest is truly living the Passion of our Lord.
His post is too beautiful not to share. It also reminded me that I should never take our Lord's Real Presence in the Blessed Sacrament for granted. You can read Father MacRae's post here. Please say a prayer for him and you may want to leave him an encouraging comment as well. You can also read Father's full story while visiting his site.
"...I was in prison, and you came to me." (Matt. 25:36)

O Jesus, Eternal High Priest,
Grant your imprisoned priests the grace to unite their sufferings to those of Your own bitter and sorrowful Passion. May they endure these sufferings for love of You and Your Church. May You be glorified in them.
Amen.

Comments

Mary N. said…
Yes, I have heard of Father MacRae and have been on his site. He is suffering like Jesus did. Falsely accused and imprisoned, he has suffered so much pain. I am praying for him and unite my prayers with yours. May God have mercy on him.