Sunday Meditations: Will You Drink From The Cup?

Chalice of Love:Salvador Dali


The Cup

Lord, I tell you I want to follow You and someday spend eternity with You.
You ask, "Will you drink of the cup from which I drank?"
The cup that holds suffering, rejection, abandonment and scorn, but despite that I whisper "Yes, I will drink."
You smile as You hold the cup before me, and then gently nod and say, "Yes, you surely will drink from this cup at various times of your life, and each time you lovingly accept it and drink from it, it will bring you another step closer to that eternity you desire to spend with Me."
You notice the hesitation in my weak voice and my fear of the cup's bitterness, and You offer another cup to drink with the first. This one is sweet for it is filled with You and it will give all the strength I need to accept the first cup.
The cups seem to become one and I can continue on never fearing the the taste because You have balanced its contents; the bitter and the sweet now blend.
"Yes, Lord I will drink of this cup."


Have a Blessed Sunday!