St Teresa of Jesus


St Teresa of Jesus is one of my favorite saints. Her writings on prayer have been helpful in my own prayer life.
Below is the prayer commonly known as St Teresa's Bookmark. These are words to live and pray by.
Happy Feast Day St Teresa!


St Teresa's Bookmark


Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.

Original Spanish
Nada te turbe,
nada te espante;
todo se pasa,
Dios no se muda.
La pacientia todo lo alcanza.
Quien a Dios tiene nada la falta:
solo Dios basta.


St Teresa's Biography along with a recipe for St Teresa Bread.

Comments

Gabriella said…
Oh yes, it's a beautiful prayer :)

And that's a beautiful picture of Santa Teresa, Karinann! I love the dove/Holy Spirit saying something in her ear :)
Anne said…
Karinann, this is my absolute favorite prayer, and I love the Spanish version the best, as if the words just roll off the tongue! What else do we need? Not a single thing but God! Solo Dios basta!
Unknown said…
Thanks for dropping by ladies.
Gabriella, I never thought of it that way, but it does look like the Holy Spirit is whispering in her ear!
Anne-glad you liked the Spanish version; I included it in St Teresa's honor since it was her native tongue.