Fr. Barron On The Vampire Craze

Father Robert Barron is back with another of his insightful video clips. This one, on the vampire craze, is just in time for Halloween. I found this short clip one of Father's most fascinating ones to date. Our culture, especially our youth, seem to have this fascination with the "undead".
There was Anne Rice and the Vampire Chronicles, and now the Twilight series is extremely popular with our youth.
Fr. Barron gives us his usual faith based reasoning behind this phenomenon.

Comments

christine said…
I am so glad you posted this! I remember the Ann Rice craze well, and read a book or two, but cannot say i was impressed enough to call myself a fan. saw "interview with the vampire" but that only made me afraid of Tom Cruise. I have never seen "twilight", (mostly because everyone else has, and i like to stick it to the man) but i have noticed there are vampires everywhere lately! i saw a commercial on abc family for another vampire movie, that seems to be geared towards kids, and i actually saw TWILIGHT DORITOS at the grocery store! the good thing about bandwagons, though, is that the more people that jump on, the sooner they break down!
i HAVE enjoyed watching the history channel this past week... they are running some specials on the history of halloween, and the facts behind some of the most popular myths and characters, like dracula and the wolf-man. I would recommend them to anyone that wants to get in the halloween mood, but doesn't want to run out and see a movie which seems to be categorized as " a love story with sparkling vampires".
Judy Dudich said…
As always, I thank you for sharing the awesome Father Barron with us!!! I wish he were my next door neighbor so I could run through the gate and knock on his door whenever I need some clarification!!!