Feast Of The Guardian Angels


God gave each of us a very special and important gift the moment we were created; He gave each of us a guardian angel. This angel is with us until the moment we die. I don't know about yours, but mine should get some kind of medal when I die for putting up with me all this time. I often forget to thank my guardian angel for the protection and guidance he gives each and every day.
The angels are always present among us. Next time you go to Mass you may want to remember their presence there. Between our guardian angels and the angels that surround the altar, the church is more "crowded" than it appears.
But today is the day that the Church has set aside to honor these heavenly beings who are always before the face of God interceding on our behalf. If you follow this link, you will find some prayers you might want to pray. Our guardian angels can help us in so many ways. Some of these prayers are lesser known, but ask our guardian angels for assistance in particular circumstances.
Pray to your angel often and thank them for their protection.
Here is what the Catechism of the Catholic Church tells us about the holy angels, including the guardian angels.

Thank You Guardian Angel!

Comments

NCSue said…
You're right... we often forget the unseen helpers who are among and around us.
Anne said…
Your guardian angel "puts up with you". I never thought of it in that way before. Who knows us and never leaves our side but our guardian angel. Of course they know everything unseemly about us that we try to hide from the rest of the world, yet our angel is stuck with us no matter what! I better be thankful before resentment sets in! I hope it's not too late!
Unknown said…
Thanks for stopping by NCSue.

Anne,
It's never too late. It's just sometimes I think that my Guardian Angel just rolls his eyes at the stupid things I do (at other times he probably weeps)On a more lighthearted note though, I somehow want to believe that God created us and knowing us as He does, He knew the exact angel that would be up to the job of watching over each of us.
I so want to know my angel better! Thank you for this post. I know my angel has worked overtime. LOL We are so blessed to have a wonderful Father who gives us angelic friends. :)
Mary N. said…
I am so thankful for my guardian angel. Poor thing drew the short straw in heaven:) Thank you for the links!
Unknown said…
And here I thought mine drew the short straw :)Just goes to show, there are some pretty tough angels in heaven! And yes, Heartfelt-thank God for these angelic friends.
I love all the angels. Here is my most recent icon of St. Gabriel.

http://www.blessedisthekingdom.com/2009/07/18/praying-with-st-gabriel-the-archangel/