Screwtape and Gargoyle

One of my favorite priestly blogs is Standing on My Head by Fr. Dwight Longenecker. (See my Priestly Blog list to visit) Father Dwight has a new book called The Gargoyle Code which is written in the style of C.S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters.
You can listen to Fr. Dwight's podcast on which he discusses The Screwtape Letters as well as his book; he even reads an excerpt from his Gargoyle Code. Father wrote the book during Lent, and while it can be read any time, it can also serve as spiritual reading for Lent. I know what you are thinking~ we haven't even gotten to Advent and already she's talking about Lent! What can I say; I like to prepare my spiritual reading early. At any rate, click on the podcast link above and listen to what Fr. Dwight has to say. While there you can also find out how to order your copy of The Gargoyle Code.

Comments

Anne said…
I like his blog too! The book looks great, thanks for the suggestion!
JPieters said…
He's one of my favorite blogs as well. Hilarious at times!
Mary N. said…
I love Father's blog. I just got his book of poetry in the mail Friday. It's called, "A Sudden Certainty" and it was very good. I have not read "The Gargoyle Code" but I loved
"The Screwtape Letters". I'll have to listen to his podcast.
christine said…
i will have to check this out. i read "the screwtape letters" several times a year. one of my faves.