Come Away To A Quiet Place

ocean
Come away to a quiet place. Come see the glorious works of the Lord. Be still and know that He is God. The Lord Almighty is here. He is our refuge.
(Mark 6:31; Psalm 46:8a, 10a, 11)

Well it is time for me to follow the advice given in that Scripture verse. Every year around this time I try to take a week of my vacation for a six day silent retreat. I have been blessed with the privilege of being able to do this for the last 4 years. The retreat house is right on the beach and since Labor day has come and gone, it will be a fairly empty beach. In the silence and in the power of the ocean, God does not just speak, but acts as well. There is just something about the ocean. Even when my relationship with God was nowhere near where it should have been, I always seemed to at least sense His presence there. Now it is the place where He seems to invite me to rest a bit with Him. I go with little to no expectations, letting God lead me where He wants, and He never disappoints me. I hear Him in the Scripture passages He presents, the spiritual reading I take along, and in the waves that crash the shore as I take long, sunrise and sunset walks (weather permitting of course).Sunset over Wildfowl Bay near Sebewaing, Michigan This is truly one of my favorite weeks in the whole year!I will be leaving Friday afternoon, so my blogging will probably stop after today and resume at some point the week of Sept. 21st.
Please say a prayer for me during the coming week as I will keep all of you in mine.
For those of you who follow my Blessings For the Day blog, I have scheduled my post for Touch of Our Savior's Hand. My God Moment this week is a powerful one~ well to me at least.
See you back here in a week. God Bless!

*The pictures are not mine; they are courtesy of Webshots Photos. I will try to bring back
some of my own.

Comments

Have a blessed retreat Karinann ~ praying you will. Sounds like a wonderful place to spend some time with our Lord!
Deanna said…
Dear Karinann,
This would be fantastic to be able to get away to such a gorgeous place!!!!!!!!!
May you have a blessed time.
God richly bless you,
d
Anne said…
God bless you on your retreat Karinann! May the peace of the Holy Spirit refresh, renew and restore.
Unknown said…
Ladies,
Thank you for the well wishes and prayers!
Colleen- the retreat house is St. Joseph by the Sea in Manoloking, NJ; it is run by the Sisters Filippini (St. Lucy Filippini).
christine said…
enjoy your peace! hope you have lovely weather and your retreat lasts "JUST long enough!"