Third Edition of the Roman Missal

Bishop Arthur J. Serratelli, the Chairman of the USCCB Committee on Divine Worship, has published a message on the revisions to the Roman Missal. In his message titles New Words: A Deeper Meaning, but the Same Mass, the bishop gives a brief explanation of the process of the revisions and the reasons for this USCCB website. From the link I have given in this post, you can go to the Assembly page and Celebrants page in the toolbar above the bishop's message to view the changes in the wording of some of the prayers and responses we currently use in the Novus Ordo Mass.
There is no date given for the the actual implementation of these changes as they still need further approval from the Holy See. In the meantime the USCCB has provided this site to help the faithful become familiar with the changes and will also update the pages as more changes are made.
There has been much criticism of the Novus Ordo, and sadly, rightly so. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is just that, a Holy Sacrifice, and should be celebrated with the utmost devotion and reverence on the part of the priest as well as those of us assisting at Mass as the faithful. I pray these changes help to instill the deeper meaning Bishop Serratelli refers to.
You can use the link above to visit the site. I will also put in the sidebar.

Comments

Anne said…
Thanks for this post Karinann. I commented on another post today, that I would ask for prayers for my pastor and my parish. My pastor is vehemently opposed to these changes and once told me that he is going to go ahead and do whatever he wants anyway and I shouldn't worry because he is going to retire soon. He commented on the feast of St. Bernard, during his homily, that horrendous changes are being inflicted upon us and he wishes someone had the courage of St. Bernard to oppose the Vatican. I know he is a good priest most of the time, but on occasions like this, I just get sick to my stomach! Please help me pray!