The Breast Cancer/Abortion Link

I have seen a few blogs lately posting about Breast Cancer Awareness; that is a great thing. However what is not so great is that many of them ask people to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation. I know I have posted on this topic in the past, but it is worth repeating. This organization has given a fair share of money to Planned Parenthood. As most Catholic bloggers know, Planned Parenthood is one of the leading provider of abortions in this country. They also fail to tell women of the possible link between abortion and breast cancer.
While may of the studies are not 100% conclusive, they do indicate a significant rise in the risk factors for breast cancer in women who have had abortions. On average the risk goes up about 50% for post abortive women. That risk factor does decline slightly if the woman has subsequent pregnancies that are carried to term.
Again, I have no problem in making women aware of the risks for breast cancer or with donating to research for cures so long as the organization does not support pro-abortion organizations.
I have included some links where you can read about the studies and their findings. Please spread the word about this. My prayer is that the Susan G. Komen Foundation will stop giving to Planned Parenthood.
I am not pretending to have all the facts on this, and I have only provided 2 links, but please read them and do further research on your own if you so choose.
Abortion not only kills our children, it hurts their mother's as well.

Abortion Facts
The Visible Link

Comments

Deanna said…
Planned Parenthood.
Ouch.

When my sister was out to visit me she told a story about when she went to PP to find out if she was pregnant. About 31 years ago and because my sis had one baby that was only 3 months old, when the nurse told my sis she was pregnant AGAIN, the nurse was ugly about this.

I have grown to dislike this organization. Just this morning my hubby read Proverbs 8 and I was touched by the very last verse of Chapter 8...

Blessings to you,
d

d
This is the second time I've done this, because I realized I'm clicking off when I think I'm through and forget to type the word! :(
But what I wrote last time is, I can't believe the Komen foundation would partner in any form with PP. But I know it's true. If there is even an inkling of a connection between abortion and breast cancer, they should step away. I did some research for my book, and basically a woman's body is geared up to have a baby. The abortion causes her hormones to go into free fall. I wonder what the comparison for breast cancer is between women who have natural miscarriages and women who have abortions. Good post!