The Honest Scrap Award


Judy at Ben Makes Ten has graciously awarded me this Honest Scrap award. Thank you, Judy; not just for the award, but for your constant support and friendship. In accepting this award, I am to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. 2) Share "ten honest things" about myself. 3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me. 4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it :)

I have taken care of #1 on this list ~now for #2 ~10 honest things about myself.

1. I love teaching; it is the one aspect of my job that does not feel like work.
2. I returned to Christ and His Church 7 years ago after being away for about 20 years.
3. I have lived in the states of Connecticut, North Carolina and NJ~NJ is my home state.
4. I am a coffee addict~ I'm sure there is a 12- step program for that somewhere :)
5. I have one younger sister.
6. I started blogging on a whim last November.
7. I am an avid reader with not enough time to read all I want.
8. I attended Catholic school for 12 years.
9. The failure of my marriage has taught me forgiveness and humility.
10. I try to make Christ the center of my life.

I now pass this award on to the following bloggers:

1. Colleen at Thoughts on Grace~ Her blog shines with her faith and she shares her insight into
many things. Check out her Sabbath Moments Meme beginning today.

2. Mary Rose at True Confessions of a Prodigal Daughter~ Mary Rose loves to share her faith;
her posts are so inspiring!

3. Simple Beauty' s blog is great fun; you never know what she will be into next. I love her posts
on modest dressing. She has truly tried to listen to God in this area and the result is beautiful.
Stop by her blog tomorrow around noon for her 4th Street Cafe.

4. Deanna at Home Haven Ministry~ here at this blog you will feel God's touch in Deanna's
charming hospitality. She opens her heart and her home to all of us each day. Her blog is a
lovely example of loving God and neighbor.

5. Violin Mamma at A Rosey Outlook on Life~ That she certainly has. Her blog is as lovely as
she is. She always has a kind and encouraging word to leave in my comment box.

6. Heartfelt Heartlook is always good for some insightful and inspiring blogging. Her faith shines
through her writing.

7. Maria at My Irish Catholic Family is new to the blogging world, but it is clear from her first
few posts that she loves God and her family.

Thank you all for your inspiration and friendship.

Comments

Well, if you find there is a 12 step program, (for coffee), let me know :)
Deanna said…
Dear Karinann,
Congrats on your award! I enjoyed reading about these honest things you've shared. I now am better aquainted with you, My Fine Blogging Friend!
Thank you for the kind, kind words. You made my day.
Appreciate the Award and will be posting this on my site ASAP.
God richly bless you,
~Deanna~
Dear Karinann,

Thank you for thinking of me. I left a comment on my blog, but I should've left it here. You are my precious and dear sister. I'll be sure to pass it on - in the spirit of love you embrace! Love and blessings your way~
Margaret
java girl said…
Dear Karinann,

Thank you so much for thinking of me and passing on this award! I just finished up and I posted my award today!

Have a blessed day!
ViolinMama said…
Hey Karinann!

I am BEYOND late checking your blog!!! Being out of town I had a few comments I never approved and I finally had a chance to stumble on this fabulous surprise - and what a PERFECT day to do that!!

Thanks for giving me something happy to post on - I think I'll aim to do this tomorrow. You are very special, and far too nice to me!! God Bless you!!