Be Satisfied

Some time ago I tuned into EWTN's series with Jason Evert and his wife. The show is geared for young people and talks about everything from chastity to abortion. The particular episode I had tuned in for ended with this prayer called Be Satisfied. It is written from the perspective of God speaking to us~speaking to the the person waiting and wondering about their future spouse.
If you have ever heard Chris and his wife speak, either or both of them tell the story of how, after her conversion, she prayed for her future spouse before she even knew who he was. This struck me as something so awesome yet so simple.
Luckily I had DVR's the show, because when I went on line to look for the prayer I could not find it. So one day I sat with pen and paper and my remote and I copied down the prayer from the TV. It was worth all the stops and starts.
I have shared this prayer with people of all ages who are wondering about their future spouse. It can apply to anyone who is single and feels called to the vocation of marriage. I also use it with the teens to whom I give my personal witness.
Share this with your teens. If you are someone single but out of your teen years it may help you as well. For those who are called tomarriage, remember that God knows who it is you should share your life with; ask him to lead you to this person in His perfect time. Pray also for this person~whoever he or she may be. Above all remember that until you are satisfied with God alone, you will not be ready to share yourself with another. Here's the prayer...


Be Satisfied

Everyone longs to give himself/herself completely to someone; to have a deep and committed soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and unconditionally.
But God says...
No, not until you are satisfied, fullfilled and content with being loved by Me alone, with giving yourself totally, unreservedly to Me alone.
I love you, My child, and until you discover that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you.
You will never be united with another until you are united with Me ~exclusively of anyone or anything else; exclusively of any other desires and belongings.
I want you to stop planning, to stop wishing and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing; one that you cannot imagine. I want you to have the very best. Please allow Me to bring it to you. Just keep your eyes on Me expecting the greatest things.
Keep experiencing that satisfaction knowing that I AM. Keep learning and listening to the things I tell you.
You must be patient.
Don't be anxious.
Don't worry.
Don't look around at the things others have.
Don't look at the things you think you want.
Just keep looking up at Me, or you will miss what I want to give you.
And then, when you are ready, I will surprise you with a love far more wonderful than you could ever dream.
You see, until you are ready and until the one I have for you is ready(I am working even right this minute to have you both ready at the same time), until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I have prepared for you, you won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me...
And this is perfect love.

*Visit Jason Evert's website at Pure Love Club~especially if you have teens in the house!

Comments

Good one! After my first marriage (I hesitate to use that word, because it wasn't really one), I told God the next pick was his, and I prayed for my future husband. Almost twelve years (yes twelve) later he answered that prayer. He was worth the wait! Don't have children at home, but if I did, I'd surely give them this prayer.
Judy Dudich said…
AWESOME! What a great idea to pray for future spouses!
I know that Amy, from Mamafied blog (sorry I don't have the link but you can find her in my blogroll on http://benmakesten.blogspot.com/
has written a prayer that SHE prays for the future spouses of her sons...it is VERY beautiful.
I posted it on the Inspired by Others page at
http://www.momoten.webs.com/
I am so thankful that ladies like you all remind me to do these things for my precious children and their future.
God bless you for caring!