My NonSuperbowl Sunday

What can I say- as much as I love a good football game, I really can't stand all the other stuff in between the actual game. So I have declared for myself and anyone else who would like to join me a "NonSuperbowl Sunday". Here are 10 things I will be doing (or at least attempting to do) instead of watching The Game. OK, I can't promise to take a peek at the score now and then.

10 Things to Do Instead of Watching the Superbowl
(in no particular order of importance)
1. Read a good book.
2. Go out for a brisk walk (weather permitting in your area)
3. Create something delicious for dinner- I'm making
chicken soup.
4. Post on your blog-or create one if you don't have one yet.
5. Say a Rosary- you can even ask our Lady to intercede for your
favorite team.
6. Write NBC to voice your disappointment/outrage at not
airing the Catholic Vote ad.
7. Write a letter to a friend you haven't been in touch with for
while- I mean a good old fashioned snail mail letter- not
an e-mail.
8. Spend some time prayerfully reading Scripture.
9. Bake cookies- I do this when I'm bored, so I try to keep myself
from being bored in order to avoid the calories!
10. Visit someone else who is also not watching the game and
choose something from #1-9 on this list. (Can you tell I was
stretching to get to 10?)

Enjoy the day no matter what you do!

Comments